AA Club Driving School - 804-447-2927
Are you and your family planning to drive to a holiday get-together
this year? Whether you’re heading to Grandma’s cottage or a favorite
vacation spot to celebrate holidays with family or friends, AAA has
simple tips to help make your drive a smooth one, so you can arrive at
your destination safely and without incident.
- Ensure your vehicle is properly maintained. If maintenance is not
up to date, have your car and tires inspected before you take a long
- Map your route in advance and be prepared for busy roads during the
most popular times of the year. If possible, consider leaving earlier or
later to avoid heavy traffic.
- Keep anything of value in the trunk or covered storage area.
- If you’re traveling with children, remind them not to talk to
strangers. Go with them on bathroom breaks and give them whistles to be
used only if the family gets separated.
- Have roadside assistance contact information on hand, in case an incident occurs on the road.
- In case of an emergency, keep a cell phone and charger with you at
all times. AAA and many other companies offer smartphone applications
that enable motorists to request help without making a phone call.
With a little prep, you can leave the road-trip stress at home and enjoy your holiday with family and friends